The steps on how to apply Kenya ID Card Online are stressful. Check this page to learn how to apply for Kenya ID online at ease.
The Kenyan Government has not provided a medium for Kenyan citizens to register online for an ID Card, but the Government has provided certain websites where citizens can download ID Card Application forms for print.
Requirements for National identity card
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old to get a National ID Card
- The identity cards of your parents and a photocopy of the same.
- Two passport size photos.
Kenya Identity Card Preview – Kenya ID Card Online
National ID application Procedure
The information required in the form 23 includes:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marital Status
- Husband’s name
- Husbands ID no.
- District of birth
- Home district
- Sub Location
- Home address
- A check box for the necessary documents needed for the application of the ID process.
- Your signature (to certify all the information you have given is correct) and date of application. Your right and left hand thumb prints are placed on the same section.
- The name, signature and stamp of the; Chief, Assistant Chief, District Officer, District Commissioner
- Name and signature of registering officer, the office of issue (where you have applied for the ID), district and stamp are also filled in this step.
Birth Certificate Preview
Download Kenya Identity Card Application Form
Copies of application forms are available online by the Republic of Kenya. The Steps are;
- You need to have a photocopy of your birth certificate, as well as that of your parents.
- Form 23: This is the form one requires to fill when applying for the Kenyan ID. This form can be found in any office of a register of persons and all District officers’ offices.
- Once you have the form 23, you need to fill it then take it to the chief or assistant chief of your area. This verifies that you are from that area.
- After the form has been signed by the chief or the assistant chief, you take it to the district officer’s office for it to be scrutinized and verified.
- This is followed by signing of the form by the District officer.
- After that, the form undergoes the following stages:
- Fingerprints section
- Attachment of the passport photos
- .Then form is sent to the officers responsible for creating the national ID.
- The applicant is issued with a waiting card as he/she waits for the ID to be made. It takes approximately a period of two months to be released.